Pace of Play
Pace of Play Tips
- Shorter hitters play first from the tee or fairway if longer hitters have to wait.
- Do not play Honours on the tee, unless in an official Matchplay competition.
- Hit your shot before helping someone to look for a lost ball – most often they will find their ball while you play your shot.
- Hit your shot when safe to do so, especially if a player farther away faces a challenging shot and is taking time to assess their options.
- If your shot is off line, watch your ball carefully.
- Assess your shot, including putts, while another player is preparing to execute or is executing their shot.
- Hit your shot even if a person who has just played from a greenside bunker is still farthest from the hole but delayed due to raking the bunker.
- When a player’s ball has gone over the back of a green, any player closer to the hole but chipping from the front of the green should play while the other player is having to walk to their ball and assess their shot.
- Leave the flag in place for all players unless they specifically ask for it to be removed.
- Putt, even if you are not the furthest from the hole, if that player is not ready to putt.
- Putt out even if it means standing close to someone else’s line.
- Mark your score card AFTER hitting off from the next tee, not while walking off the green.
- Take no more than 40 seconds to play your stroke from when you arrive at your ball and determining it is in play.
- Place your bag, buggy or pull cart between the green and the next tee.
- If falling behind, the first two players who have completed the hole should proceed to the next tee and prepare for/execute their next tee shot instead of waiting for all players to putt out.
- If the low marker in the group asks, be prepared to speed up play. It is the entire group that can get penalised, not just one player.
Members with guests should make their guests aware of these procedures before teeing off. Should any member or guest feel that they are unable to abide by any of the above, then they should inform the Golf Shop staff immediately.