The Rules of Golf contain general information on etiquette. All players are asked to familiarise themselves with this section of the Rules. As well, the following points are important:
Sand Buckets / Divot Repair
It is a requirement that all players carry a sand bucket and use the sand to repair divots. In repairing divots with sand it is not sufficient simply to deposit a quantity of sand in the damaged area. Rather it is necessary to cut in the divot with a club first, then deposit a small amount of sand evenly over the divot.
Bunkers and Rakes
Always enter bunkers from the lowest point or between entry / exit points where marked. All players must smooth out footprints and repair damage to bunkers. It is often better to do this with the back of the rakes provided, as this ensures a more even surface for the next player. Do not throw rakes back into the bunkers after use. Rakes should be laid down as gently as possible in a direction parallel to the line of play, close to the point of exit. Please do not leave rakes outside bunkers or on the edge of bunkers.
We encourage players, wherever possible, to walk on the concrete cart paths. This is especially important next to tees where excessive foot traffic causes unsightly goat tracks. You will find the combination of soft spikes on concrete paths much more comfortable and certainly more beneficial to the golf course.
Putting Greens, Flag Sticks and Holes
The greens at Terrey Hills are the equal of any in Australia. To ensure they remain that way, we need your help. The following points should be noted:
- Take care when removing and replacing the flag sticks that you do not damage the hole.
- Do not drop the flagstick on the green.
- When tending the flagstick, stand as far away as possible from the hole.
- A properly repaired pitch mark will recover in two days, while those not repaired will take weeks to return to normal.
- In repairing pitch marks, do not lift the damaged area. Instead, attempt to pull the sides of the pitch mark back to its centre, using several gentle movements then tap down the repair with the sole of your putter.
Pull Buggies / Ride on Carts
- Pull Buggies should not be wheeled between greens and bunkers in order to reduce wear in these areas. Please plan your approach to the green complexes and walk around the green and bunker complexes.
- We encourage, wherever practical, that carts remain on the concrete cart paths. Please adhere to cart signage and in particular ensure that carts remain on the paths in the vicinity of tee and green complexes.
Raking Bunker Video – Watch Raking Bunker Guide
Divot Repair Video – Watch Divot Repair Guide
Pitch Mark Repair Video – Watch Pitch Mark Repair Guides